We offer a variety of classes and tours for expectant parents.
Classes are free and open to the public. You can read about some of our offerings below and contact Jehan Ellis at 901-545-8449 with any questions.
While COVID-19 caused us to pause our in-person childbirth classes and facility tours, we are delighted to announce our new remote/online childbirth learning opportunities. These 2-hour online learning sessions are live and can be accessed on your smart phone, iPads, tablets, and computers. Participants will need to register by contacting Childbirth Services at 901-545-8449 to register ahead of time. Participants will receive the link, meeting ID, and password the night before each online session.
***Participants who attend 3 web sessions (1-2 hrs each) during the month will be entered into a drawing. There will be a Grand Prize awarded at the end of each month. Grand Prize includes: diapers, wipes, outfit(s), and other baby items.
Online class offerings for September 2020:
- Wednesday, September 2, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Four Stages of Labor
- Thursday, September 3, 2-4 p.m.: How to Cope and Pain Management
- Tuesday, September 8, 10 a.m. – noon: Postpartum Care and Medical Complications
- Wednesday, September 9, 5 – 7 p.m.: Childbirth Series: Healthy Pregnancy and Myths
- Thursday, September 10, 2-4 p.m.: Infant Safety and Newborn Care
- Tuesday, September 15, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Labor, Birth and Postpartum
- Wednesday, September 16, 5 – 7 p.m.: Childbirth Series: What is Labor? and Four Stages of Labor
- Thursday, September 17, 2 – 4 p.m.: Mommy and Me
- Wednesday, September 23, 5 – 7 p.m.: Childbirth Series: How to Cope, Support and Postpartum Care
- Thursday, September 24, 2-4 p.m.: What is Labor? and Ways of Giving Birth
- Tuesday, September 29, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Seven Myths and Signs Labor is Approaching
- Wednesday, September 30, 5-7 p.m.: Childbirth Series: Breastfeeding Class
We look forward to seeing you in person in the future, but until then, sign up for our online classes by calling 901-545-8449.