Whether recovering from an injury or undergoing a knee or hip replacement, orthopedic patients have unique needs that Regional Medical Center can meet.
Located on the 4th floor of the main hospital, the Orthopedic Unit is solely dedicated to providing care to orthopedic patients.
A multidisciplinary team of specialists trained in orthopedics treat patients using comprehensive care paths based on best practices. The team approach and commitment to the unique needs of the individual assists patients in restoring physical independence.
The unit includes spacious rooms designed to provide patients with the comforts of home. Family and loved ones are encouraged to be involved in the patient’s care to continue the recovery progression at home.
Orthopedic Unit Offers:
- A dedicated unit housing only patients in the hospital for total joint or other orthopedic care.
- A team of physicians, nurses, physical and occupational therapists and other staff who are specially trained in orthopedics.
- Physical therapy provided inside the unit offering a full range of rehabilitation services.
- Proven patient care paths based on orthopedic best practices.
- Individualized treatment plans are overseen by the staff and the surgeon to include pre-operative education and post-operative exercise.
- Focus on patient involvement throughout the recovery process.
- Private and renovated rooms.
Unique features of Orthopedics at Regional Medical Center
Planned or unplanned, orthopedic care in the hospital typically begins with surgery. Patients not only have access to the top orthopedic surgeons in the region, they also benefit from specialized equipment in the operating room, including the Orthopedic STARR Frame. The only one in the region, this specialized orthopedic surgery table allows surgeons to perform minimally invasive procedures. This leads to improved outcomes and often leads to shorter length of stay.
About Our Team
Regional Medical Center’s team of specially trained professionals includes physicians, nurses, therapists and technicians all dedicated to providing exceptional care to meet the unique needs of orthopedic patients. Edward A. Perez, M.D., orthopedic surgeon with Campbell Clinic, leads the team as Medical Director. Dr. Perez is board certified in orthopedic surgery. The unit staff is also led by a nurse manager with more than 15 years of orthopedic experience.