At Regional One Health, we’re committed to providing expert care throughout your pregnancy and during the labor and delivery experience.
Regional One Health’s maternity center is designated as the West Tennessee Regional Obstetrical-Perinatal Center, the highest level of obstetric care available, and houses the Mid-South’s only Level III High Risk Perinatal Unit.
Our maternity center features complete obstetrical services for patients at every level of pregnancy- including certified nurse midwives for low-intervention experiences all the way to specialized care for high-risk obstetrics.
- Our facility has fifteen spacious birthing rooms where mothers can experience labor, delivery and recovery. Each room includes a flat screen TV and sleeper couches or chairs for you and two of your guests.
- Facility features technologically advanced surgical rooms and recovery unit for cesarean and gynecological procedures.
- High-risk perinatal rooms are also available for patients who require a higher level of care during their pregnancies. These rooms are equipped with fetal and maternal monitors.
Our Care Team
Regional One Health features the only perinatal patient safety nurse in the region who works with patients and the obstetrical care team to promote safe care for mothers and babies. Our care team also includes international board-certified lactation consultants who are available to assist mothers with breastfeeding. Our nurses receive advanced training and are certified in fetal monitoring.
Some pregnancies and newborns require extra special attention and care. Regional Medical Center provides a team of highly skilled physicians and nurses offering this expert care for high-risk pregnancies and premature births. With our state-of-the-art facilities and skilled professionals, we provide comprehensive support to all women, including those with the most sensitive pregnancies and newborns. Accordingly, the State of Tennessee designated our Women & Infants Center as a Level III perinatal and neonatal center, ensuring you the most comprehensive obstetrical care in the region.
Our maternity center also provides mothers with immediate access to high-risk obstetricians who are specifically trained in maternal and fetal medicine. With this level of expertise, mothers can receive 100 percent of their care here without having to be transported to another facility. Anesthesia capabilities are also available.
Learn more about The Sheldon B. Korones Newborn Center, our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Regional One Health supports expectant mothers looking for a non-traditional birth experience. Our midwives work with mothers-to-be to make pregnancy and birth an empowering experience. A certified nurse-midwife is a support partner throughout your pregnancy and birth. She partners with OB/GYN physicians as needed to ensure expectant mothers have an informed team supporting their pregnancies.
Because they are licensed and certified healthcare professionals, our certified nurse-midwives provide a wide range of services throughout pregnancy. Including:
- Counsel after delivery
- Gynecological examinations
- Monitoring your health, including diabetes, after the birth
- Providing contraceptive counseling
- Providing individualized education about your pregnancy and care needs
- Writing prescriptions
- Being with expectant mothers to coach them through their deliveries at Regional One Health