The Regional One Health internship program is an academic based internship, unpaid. The program is coordinated through the internship offices of the applicant’s college. All students must request a listing of current opportunities from their college internship coordinators. They must apply online, and complete all other parts of the application process before they will be interviewed by Volunteer Services. After an interview with Volunteer Services, all qualified applicants will continue on to interview with the preceptor of the area of their interest. The preceptor will determine candidate placement.
- Application Opens: April 2, 2018
- Application Closes: May 4, 2018
- Interviews: May 7, 2018 – May 11, 2018
- Deadline to Notify Students: May 25, 2018
- Student Orientation: June 5, 2018
- Application Opens: August 1, 2018
- Application Closes: September 4, 2018
- Interviews: September 11, 2018 – September 17, 2018
- Deadline to Notify Students: September 24, 2018
- Student Orientation: October 1, 2018
- Application Opens: November 5, 2018
- Application Closes: December 3, 2018
- Interviews: December 10, 2018 – December 14, 2018
- Deadline to Notify Students: January 7, 2019
- Student Orientation: January 21, 2019
The applicant MUST be able to commit to completing all necessary hours for the credit course. The application process is coordinated through college career services, experiential learning and internship departments. If your college advisor does not have a copy of available internship opportunities, please have them contact Volunteer Services for more information. Student’s college advisor will conduct the initial screen. Staff from Volunteer Services will conduct the second screen, and the department coordinator for the intern candidate’s area of interest will conduct the last screen.
Interns must adhere to the following guidelines:
-Must be junior or senior
-Must have a 2.5+ G.P.A.
-Must have the faculty approval from the department awarding the credit
-Must be six credits or less
-Twenty hours of work per week or less
Click here to apply to intern with Regional One Health
All internships are not available each semester. Application are open according to the dates listed above.All intern candidates are required to complete our online application process, and all additional materials. Intern candidates will need to complete an orientation before placement within their department of interest. Orientations are held each semester.
Internship opportunities are available in the following areas; however, opportunities are reviewed each semester to determine need. All opportunities may or may not be open for new applicants. Please contact your career services department for more detail.
- Information Technology
- Internal Audit
- Materials Management
- Communications and Marketing
- Rehabilitation Hospital