Regional One Health’s Wound Care Center is the only facility in Tennessee where patients can receive treatment in a multi-place hyperbaric oxygen chamber. This state-of-the-art therapy delivers additional oxygen to the bloodstream, which sparks the body’s own healing processes, making it possible to heal wounds and conditions that have failed to respond to other treatments.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a comfortable, non-invasive treatment that delivers 100 percent oxygen in a pressurized environment. Patients are treated in our chamber for 90 minutes at a time five days a week. They can read, sleep, watch TV, listen to music, etc. during their treatment.
After about 20 treatments, patients begin to develop new blood vessels thanks to the higher level of oxygen in their blood. That allows more oxygenated blood to flow to damaged tissues, where it facilitates healing. By enabling the body to work on healing itself, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a highly effective treatment for a variety of conditions:
- Air or Gas Embolism
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Clostridial Myonecrosis (Gas Gangrene)
- Decompression Sickness
- Arterial Insufficiencies
- Severe Anemia
- Crush Injury, Compartment Syndrome and Other Acute Traumatic Ischemias
- Intracranial Abscess
- Necrotizing Soft Tissue Infections
- Osteomyelitis (Refractory)
- Delayed Radiation Injury (Soft Tissue and Bony Necrosis)
- Compromised Grafts and Flaps
- Acute Thermal Burn Injury
- Idiopathic Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss
Regional One Health’s hyperbaric oxygen chamber is accredited by the Undersea Hyperbaric Medical Society to treat the above accepted indications. As a multi-place chamber, we are also able to treat patients who are using a ventilator.