Regional One Health was named one of 73 businesses across the state as a Healthier Tennessee Workplace by the Governor’s Foundation for Health and Wellness. These are the first awards in a new program to recognize organizations that encourage and enable employees to live a healthy lifestyle both at work and at home.
As a Healthier Tennessee Workplaces, our wellness program has been certified that it does the following:
- Encourages physical activity in the workplace.
- Offers healthy eating options at work.
- Provides a tobacco-free environment.
- Encourages employees to monitor their own health through regular health risk assessments, screenings or check-ups.
- Rewards and recognizes employees for participating in health and wellness activities and achieving health improvements.
“The leaders of these Healthier Tennessee Workplaces have created a culture of wellness that encourages and enables employees to be healthier, more productive, and more satisfied with their jobs,” said Rick Johnson, President and CEO of the Governor’s Foundation. “It’s good for business, and it’s good for Tennessee.”
Regional One Health also recently received the Gold Fit Friendly Worksite recognition from the American Heart Association for the year 2014-2015. This means the health system is recognized as an employer who champions the health of their employees and works to create a culture of physical activity and good health in the workplace.